Banco de la República certificate requirement for investor visas
The investor visa belongs to the group of type M visas, i.e., migrant. This is intended for the foreigner who has made a Foreign Direct Investment or has acquired real estate in his own name and maintains such investment or acquisition during the term of his visa.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs indicates that the specific requirements to apply for this visa are:
- In case of Foreign Direct Investment, provide the foreign investment statements that the same user or his attorney-in-fact obtains from the Exchange Information System of the Banco de la República, showing the registration of the foreign direct investment in his name, the amount of which exceeds six hundred and fifty (650) legal monthly minimum wages in force (SMLMV) as of the date of filing the application.
- In the case of investment in real estate, until the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has an agreement that allows internal consultation of the information, the interested party must provide a Certificate of Tradition and Freedom of the real estate whose ownership of the property is exclusively in the name of the foreigner, for a minimum value equivalent to three hundred and fifty (350) legal monthly minimum wages in force (SMLMV) at the date of presentation of the application, and the foreign investment statements that the same user or his attorney-in-fact obtains from the Exchange Information System of the Bank of the Republic showing the registration of the real estate investment in his name. In order to comply with the requirement to provide the extract indicated in the previous paragraphs, a user must be created in the Exchange Information System and then enter the “International Investments” menu and select “Extract” in the “Consultations” option. Once there, fill in the required information and click on “Send statement”. It is important to note that, if you are acting through a proxy, it may take up to 15 business days for the proxy bond to be approved.
- Demonstrate by means of bank statements of the last three months prior to the visa application, economic solvency to remain in the country.
- When this visa is requested for the second and subsequent times, the foreigner must demonstrate that he/she maintained the investment or possession of the property during the entire term of his/her previous visa.
- Demonstrate that he/she has health coverage in Colombia, or a health policy with coverage in the national territory against all risks in case of accident, illness, maternity, disability, hospitalization, death or repatriation, for the time foreseen for his/her stay in the country.