What is the Digital Nomad Visa for Spain?
It is a visa for foreigners who wish to carry out an employment or professional activity at a distance for organizations located outside Spain using only computer, telematic or telecommunication means.
A foreigner may only work for companies located outside Spain when performing an activity as an employee.
Foreigners working for Spanish companies on an independent basis (as self-employed) may do so provided that the portion of their work performed for such companies does not exceed 20% of their overall activity.
To qualify for this visa, applicants must demonstrate a minimum of three years of professional experience or possess an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university, vocational training center or business school.
The following members of the teleworker’s family are also eligible for the visa:
- The spouse or permanent partner.
- The minor children and those older than that age who are economically dependent on the teleworker and have not independently formed a family unit.
- The ascendants in charge of the teleworker.
It is necessary to apply for the NIE at the same time as the visa.
- General (for the teleworker and his family):
- National visa application form.
- Valid and valid passport.
- Criminal Record Certificate.
- Proof of Residency.
- Proof of the Representative’s Identity and Capacity.
- Payment of the visa fee.
- Health insurance.
Specific Requirements for the Teleworker
- Company Certificate.
- Certificate of the Commercial Registry
- Responsible declaration of social security obligations.
- Application for registration of the company with the Spanish Social Security and accreditation of the employee’s affiliation to the Social Security.
- The accreditation of affiliation to the RETA for self-employed or self-employed workers.
- Proof of economic resources.
- Proof of studies or experience in the subject. The accredited homologation of the degree required for the exercise of a regulated profession is required.
Specific Requirements for Teleworker’s Relatives
Documentation proving relationship
Documents proving economic dependency and marital status of adult children.
In the case of ascendants, documents proving that they are dependent on the worker.
Place of presentation: Consulate of Spain in Bogota. online appointment.
Appeals: If the applicant’s visa application is denied, the applicant has one month from the day after receiving notification of the denial to file an appeal for reconsideration with the consular office. In addition, you have two months from the day following the day of the notification of the denial of your appeal for revocation or denial of visa to file a contentious-administrative appeal before the Superior Court of Justice of Madrid.
Validity of the visa: The visa will be valid for one year.