Seasonal work is a type of temporary employment to develop activities that depend directly on an event (usually climatic) that happens at a certain time of the year.
Andorra is essentially a tourist country. Its main attractions are skiing, in winter season, and its beaches, in summer season. This duality and the large number of jobs it generates make it an ideal destination for seasonal work.
Can I go to work for a period of time with my passport only?
To work in Andorra, even if it is within the tourism time allowed by the Colombian government’s agreement with the European country (90 days), a work permit or green card is required.
What type of work permit do I need?
Since this country, as mentioned above, is so popular for seasonal workers, they have implemented a special work permit for them, with fewer requirements than a longer work permit, but dependent on the duration of the work contract obtained.
What do I need for this permit?
To begin with, you will require an employment contract, but this can be obtained directly in Andorran territory, facilitating the search. However, it is advisable to start looking for accommodation before the trip or as soon as possible, as it is not easy to obtain it in high season.
Andorran employers usually require up to 2 years of experience in the position, but in high season, given the large number of jobs to be filled, they tend to relax their requirements.
- Original and apostilled photocopy of passport.
- Authenticated and apostilled copy of the civil registry of birth.
- Authenticated and apostilled document proving marital status.
- Passport-type color photograph.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Apostilled criminal record certificate.
- Copy of the curriculum vitae.
- Photocopy of diplomas, certificates of experience or letters of recommendation attesting suitability and experience for the position.
- Certificate of existence and representation of the contracting company.
The work permit application has a fee of €191.
The processing of this permit usually takes 1 to 4 weeks, which mainly depends on the number of applications to be processed by the immigration authority, which is large in high season. However, it is possible to start the work as soon as the request is made.