The rejection of a Colombian visa application is the administrative decision by which the immigration authority denies entry to a foreigner, leaving him/her subject to deportation.
What are the reasons for the rejection of a Colombian visa application?
The Colombian immigration authorities may reject the Colombian visa application for:
- Failure to present vaccination card or proof of vaccination when required by the national health authority or visa when required.
- Lack of economic resources or lawful means of livelihood to guarantee subsistence and the possibility of carrying out the declared activities.
- Lack of a ticket to leave Colombian territory in the case of foreigners with entry permits (PIP) or temporary visas (TP) valid for less than one (1) year.
- Having a record and/or annotations for transnational crimes, drug or narcotic substance trafficking, migrant smuggling, trafficking in persons, organ trafficking, child pornography or related crimes
- Have pending proceedings for crimes with custodial sentences of two (2) or more years in foreign territory and/or be registered in the specialized files of the international police.
- Record annotations for conduct that may compromise the security of the State or endanger social tranquility.
- Have been deported or expelled from the country and have not completed the term of the sanction, unless after the completion of such measure he/she has been granted a visa.
- Have been extradited from the country, unless he/she proves that he/she has been acquitted of the crimes charged.
- Having incurred in misrepresentation for entry into the country
- Having left the national territory evading immigration control.
- Failure of the foreigner with a Temporary Permit or Visa (TP) or Business Visa (NE) to pay the duly executed economic sanctions provided for in this decree.
- Disrespecting or threatening officials of the Special Administrative Unit for Migration Colombia in the performance of their duties.
- To have exceeded one hundred eighty (180) continuous or discontinuous days in that calendar year.
- Have been sanctioned for incurring in the same conduct more than 3 times.
- Suffering from a disease of epidemic potential defined in the International Health Regulations and that constitutes a threat to public health, according to certification or assessment issued by the corresponding health authority.
- Reasons of national sovereignty, by means of a procedure established in an administrative act.
- When the traveler presents conditions that make it impossible to conduct the immigration interview.
- In case of refugee application, failure to comply with the requirements of the refugee application or:
- Failure to ratify or extend the application within 5 working days following the issuance of the safe conduct of stay by Migración Colombia.
- Being found in the process of leaving the country
- Abuse of the shelter figure
- Misleading competent officials
- Repeatedly submitting two or more applications without new facts or evidence
- Not being in a situation that warrants shelter
- That for other circumstances it is considered inconvenient to enter the country.
Appeals to appeal the rejection of a Colombian visa application
No appeal may be filed against this resolution.