If you have acquired the Spanish nationality, congratulations, now a few doubts may arise, one of the most common is the need to acquire the Spanish DNI, the document that identifies all Spanish citizens.
In case the applicant wishes to apply for the Spanish DNI for the first time, he/she must appear in person at an issuing office with the necessary documentation for the first time issuance.
Requirements to obtain Spanish DNI
- Birth certificate issued by the Civil Registry. For this purpose, only certificates issued with a minimum of one year of age will be accepted. maximum six months in advance at the date of presentation of the application for the issuance of the National Identity Card and “.with the express mention that it is issued for the sole purpose of obtaining this document”. (In the case of bilingual Autonomous Communities, it is recommended that this certification also be included in Spanish, to avoid delays in translation).
- A recent color photograph of the applicant’s face, size 32 by 26 millimeters, with a uniform, white and plain background, taken from the front, with the head completely uncovered and without dark glasses or any other garment that may prevent or hinder the identification of the person. (The photograph should clearly show the oval of the face, including eyebrows, eyes, nose, mouth and chin, and should be of high resolution and on good quality photographic paper).
- Certificate or registration form from the Town Hall where the applicant has his/her residence, issued no more than three months
maximum of three months prior to the date
to the date of the application for the National Identity Card.
- When the holder of the DNI is under 14 years of age or a person with “incapacity”, it will be carried out in the presence of the person entrusted with parental authority or guardianship, or a person empowered by the latter.
- In those cases in which the first registration is made as a The citizen has a Foreigner’s Identification Card (TIE) or Certificate of Registration as a Citizen of the Union, in which the foreigner’s identification number (NIE) is stated, must provide it, as well as indispensable requirementat the time of the processing of the DNI.
- Certificate of accreditation of residence issued, for the sole purpose of obtaining the DNI, by the Diplomatic or Consular Representation where he/she is registered, stating the Consular registration number, country of residence, town, street and number where he/she is domiciled, provided that the domicile is abroad. Only certificates issued no more than three months prior to the date of presentation of the application for the issuance of the National Identity Card will be accepted.
- Cash payment of the fee.
It is as simple as that, all you have to do is meet these requirements and it is possible to acquire the DNI without the need for an appointment.