If it is your dream to earn in euros, but you have not been able to get a job from Colombia, this visa offers you to go and look for opportunities directly in a member country of the European Union.
With it, you will be able to travel to Portugal and have a stay permit of 120 days, extendable for 60 more, so that you can look for a formal job and establish yourself in that territory.
- Low requirements.
- Plenty of time to look for a job.
- It does not require a Permit to Stay.
- Express residency permit once employment is obtained, including an appointment with the services responsible for granting residency within the duration of the visa.
- Valid for minors.
- Multiple opportunities.
- Proof of means of subsistence equivalent to 3 times the current Portuguese monthly minimum wage, i.e. three times €705 or €2115.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Valid travel document (passport).
- Travel insurance.
- Certificate of no criminal record.
- Round trip ticket.
- National visa application form.
- Two passport photographs.
- Authorization for the SEF to access its Portuguese criminal records.
- Expression of interest in registration in the previously filled out virtually.
To be taken into account
Even in compliance with the requirements, the granting or not of visas is within the competence and at the discretion of the Director General of Consular Affairs and Portuguese Communities.
Is it valid for self-employment?
Unfortunately, it only applies to dependent jobs in a Portuguese company.
What do I do when I get a job?
Once a formal employment contract has been obtained, the application process for a residence permit may begin, a process for which this type of visa includes scheduling an appointment with the authority in charge of granting this permit, with a date within the initial 120 days of the visa’s validity.
What happens if I don’t get a job?
The visa will expire and you will have to leave Portuguese territory. However, you will be able to try the search again, with a new visa, one year later.
Interested in more information? Write us here and we will gladly answer your inquiry.