If you are facing a divorce, custody or child support proceeding, an experienced divorce attorney can provide you with the legal representation you need.
OurDivorce Lawyers in Medellin, are specialists in family law with extensive experience in proceedings before family judges. We offer advice, assistance and legal representation in family legal proceedings, as well as conciliation, review of proceedings and mutual agreement procedures at the notary’s office.
WHAT DOES A DIVORCE LAWYER DO?
We know that a divorce can be very difficult and it is important to get a divorce lawyer to help you process your application quickly.
Servicio Legal provides you with professional advice to avoid having a negative impact on your future financially or emotionally with your divorce, resolves your conflict in an effective, agile and reliable way so you can continue moving forward in your life. A divorce attorney can guide you through this difficult time, helping you understand the process and also representing your interests every step of the way.
DIVORCE LAWYER SERVICES IN MEDELLÍN
Looking for divorce lawyers in Medellín?
DIVORCE IN COLOMBIA
GROUNDS FOR DIVORCE IN COLOMBIA
According to the Civil Code, Article 154 establishes the following grounds for divorce in Colombia:
- Extramarital sexual relations
- Failure of either spouse to fulfill his or her duties as spouses and parents
- Cruel treatment and mistreatment on site
- Constant drunkenness of one spouse
- Use of hallucinogenic or narcotic substances, unless prescribed by a physician.
- Serious or incurable physical or mental illness of one of the spouses, which endangers the mental health of the other spouse and prevents marital life.
- Conduct of one of the spouses that corrupts or tends to pervert the other, a descendant, or persons under his or her care and living under the same roof.
- The separation of bodies, judicial or de facto, that has lasted more than two years.
- Agreement of both spouses manifested before a competent judge and recognized by this by means of a sentence.
Read more about Divorce Law: https://leyes.co/codigo_civil/154.htm
TYPES OF DIVORCE IN COLOMBIA
The Divorce process in Colombia can be done by mutual agreement (in a notary) or without agreement (before a family judge).
DIVORCE BY MUTUAL CONSENT IN COLOMBIA
The divorce by mutual agreement in Colombia or Divorce in notary is characterized because during the process there are no problems between the spouses, there is clarity in the division of assets and the decisions are respected by both parties.
It is also called express divorce, due to the short time this process takes.
DIVORCE WITHOUT MUTUAL CONSENT OR DIVORCE BEFORE A FAMILY COURT JUDGE
This type of divorce in Colombia is done when one of the two spouses does not agree to initiate divorce proceedings or when one of the spouses has grounds for divorce and evidence to prove it.
Looking for divorce lawyers in Colombia?
NEWS ON DIVORCE IN COLOMBIA
When a marital relationship faces insurmountable difficulties that may end in the rupture of the bond both affectively and legally, it is crucial to understand
In this article, we will guide you through the process of divorce by mutual consent in Colombia. Divorce Settlement Agreement The divorce process is a
Divorce Lawyers in Medellin | Divorce Lawyer | Divorce Lawyers | Divorce Colombia | Divorce Lawyer Medellin | Divorce Lawyer Medellin | Divorce Lawyer Colombia