Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Canada

portada canada

In order to direct the migrant population to small rural communities in search of labor and thus protect their economy, this migration program is created in 2019.


  • It gives you access to permanent residency.
  • Less competition on job offers.
  • Possibility of changing jobs.


  1. Obtain an offer of employment within the community.
  2. Obtain a recommendation from the community. To do so, you must comply with:
    • 2.1. Have graduated from a public post-secondary educational institution in the community or have demonstrated qualified work experience with:
      • 2.1.1. At least 1,560 hours (approximately 1 year) worked in the last 3 years,
      • 2.1.2. Pagas,
      • 2.1.3. In one or more occupations and with one or more employers,
      • 2.1.4. As a subordinate worker,
      • 2.1.5. Inside or outside Canada.
      • 2.1.6. In a position at a level corresponding to the job offer according to the NOC (National Occupational Classification) system, as follows:
        • a. For TEER 0 or 1 jobs: Experience in a TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3 position.
        • b. For TEER 2 or 3 jobs: Experience in a TEER 1, 2, 3 or 4 position.
        • c. For TEER 4 jobs: Experience in a TEER 1 (health-related only), 2, 3 or 4 position.
        • d. For TEER 5 jobs: Experience in a TEER 5 position.
        • TEER 0: Management or senior administrative occupations.
          E.g.: Financial or marketing manager, public relations director, general manager, etc.
          TEER 1: Occupations that generally require a college degree.
          E.g.: Consultants, engineers, designers, etc.
          TEER 2: Occupations that generally require a technical, technology or bachelor’s degree or experience of at least 2 years; supervisory occupations.
          E.g.: Laboratory technicians, computer technician, mechanical technician, etc.
          TEER 3: Occupations that generally require a technical, technology or bachelor’s degree or experience of at least 2 years or more than 6 months in that position.
          E.g. Bakers, dental assistants, etc.
          TEER 4: Occupations that generally require a bachelor’s degree or many weeks of experience in the position.
          E.g.: Nannies, shopkeepers, assistants, etc.
          TEER 5: Occupations that do not require formal education or extensive training.
          E.g.: Farmers, gardeners, delivery drivers, etc.
    • 2.2. Pass the minimum language requirements based on the CLB (Canadian Language Benchmarks) or NCLC (Niveaux de Compétence Linguistique Canadiens).
    • 2.3. Meet minimum educational standards. That is to say:
      1. 2.3.1. Have a high school diploma or a diploma, certificate or degree from a Canadian post-secondary school.
      2. 2.3.2. Obtain recognition of your foreign degree as equivalent to a Canadian degree through the ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) granted by a Canadian professional organization or college within 5 years prior to application.
    • 2.4. Have sufficient financial resources to support your entire family (even if they do not travel with you).
    • 2.5. Declare your intention to live in the community.
    • 2.6. Comply with the specific requirements of the chosen community.
  3. Apply for permanent residency.

Can I apply without a job offer?

It will be mandatory to have a previous job offer.

What is the difference with a work permit?

It gives you access to permanent residence, while the work permit only grants you a temporary residence permit.

Once in Canada, can I change jobs or communities?

You will not be able to change employment or community while your permanent residency is being processed.