Unmonitored release permits in Colombia are granted by the Regional Director of INPEC to prisoners who have been denied parole.
General requirements for exit permits in Colombia
- Not be sentenced to life imprisonment
- Not being convicted for punishable acts committed during the time of imprisonment.
- The benefit has not been withdrawn for noncompliance with obligations.
Specific requirements for exit permits in Colombia
- Having been denied parole
- Certification of having observed good conduct in the detention center.
- Being in the medium security phase
- Have served at least four-fifths (4/5) of the sentence.
- No arrest warrant in force
- Not to record a flight or attempt thereof during the course of the proceedings or the execution of the sentence.
- Have worked, studied or taught during the period of incarceration.
- Not having incurred in any crime or special Police contravention during the time he/she was enjoying the benefit.
- If he/she was a beneficiary of this permit in the 6 months prior to the application, not having observed bad conduct or having delayed his/her presentation to the prison without just cause.
For up to 15 continuous days, not to exceed 60 per year.
- Departure on weekends: Including holidays on Mondays. Maximum every two weeks
It can only be requested by the inmate, his relatives, legal representative or human rights consul.