The spouse or permanent partner visa in Colombia, classified as type M visa, is the one you need if you are a foreigner and have a marital relationship with a Colombian national.
This visa t
This visa has a duration of three years.
There are documents required for all visas. These are:
- Pere is a valid passport or travel document. Must be in goodand with free space and with free space for visa.
- Copy of the main page of the passport or travel document. The purpose of this is to have the biographical data of the person.
- If you are in Colombia, you will have to prove that you are in regular migratory status in the country and show the last entry stamp, exit stamp or safe-conduct, depending on your case. If you are outside the Colombian territory and intend to apply for the visa abroad, you will have to attach a copy of the document that proves your regular stay in that country.
- Photography recent document type 3x4cmin color, with white background and front view.. Must be in JPG format and weighing a maximum of 300 KB.
To keep in mind:
- Documents must be issued within 3 months of the date of issue. at the time of filingr the application. This applies to all documents except identity and travel documents.
- Foreign documents must have an apostille or legalization..
- The documents must have official translation into Spanish when it is not in this language. The translation must be apostilled or legalized.
- The visa authority may require judicial background information.
Specific requirements for spouse or permanent partner visas
In order to acquire the type M visa or spouse or permanent partner visa, you must also attach the following documents:
- In case of marriage, a copy of the Colombian Civil Registry of Marriage is required. If it is a de facto marital union, the Public Deed, Judicial Ruling or Act of Conciliation where the existence of this is declared. existence.
- Visa application letterwhich must be signed by the national Colombian. This will have to be presented with a simple copy of the simple copy of the citizenship card and the the special power of attorney grantedby the national, to the foreigner.
Checklist of requirements
The documents that you will have to present for the spouse or permanent partner visa application are:
|Copy of the main page of the passport|
|Document showing the regular stay|
|Marriage register or public deed|
|Visa application letter with cédula and power of attorney|
Spouse or permanent companion visa application fees
These tráThese have two rates. Firstly, a payment must be made at the time the application is made.Firstly, a payment must be made at the moment the application is made, this is the study fee and may vary depending on the place where the procedure is carried out.
If the application is made from Europe and Cuba the cost is €40.00 and if it is from Colombia and the rest of the world the cost will be of US$52.00. In case you are an Ecuadorian national, the cost is of €23.00 if requested in Europe and Cuba and US$30.00 in the rest of the world. For Spaniards there is no cost for the study of the application.
Second, when the application is approved, a fee equivalent to the cost of issuing the visa must be paid. If the visa is paid for in Europe and Cuba, the cost is €177.00 and if it is in Colombia and the rest of the world is US$230.00.
For nationals of Republic of Peru qwho settle in the Amazon and Putumayo river basins, Ecuadorians, Spaniards, Japanese and Koreans.Ecuadorians, Spaniards, Japanese and Koreans the issuance of the visa is free of charge.
Duration of the procedure
In order to know the duration of these processes, it is important to know its two moments: when the application is made and when the e-visa is issued.
Initially, the application is filed and after making the payment, the visa authority has a term of up to 5 working days to issue a concept. However, this time may be up to 30 calendar days when additional information is required.
Finally, after payment of the visa issuance, the authority has up to 3 working days to issue and send the e-visa. the issuance and dispatch of the e-visa.
To complete the procedure online, you must go to
. Then, you will have to identify the “procedures and services” and “visa” options and finally enter “online visa application”.
It is advisable to read the previous indications and then fill in the personal data as they appear in the passport. The “application registration number” box will be filled in with the application number that was sent to the e-mail, when it was a previously registered application. If this is a first time application, this part is left blank.
At the end of the form, the system will assign a number that you will receive in your e-mail.
Next, you must choose one of the options shown in the drop-down menu in each box, for example: type of visa, type of application, etc. It is important that no box is left blank.
Then you must continue to complete all the requested information with accurate information and avoiding typing errors.
A recent document type photograph, in color, with white background and front view, in JPG format and weighing a maximum of 300 KB, must be attached below.
After this, the supporting documents are uploaded in order, as listed. Remember that the documents required are those required for the type of application and must be in PDF format.
Finally, you must select the office where you will apply for the visa study and choose the means of payment.
It is essential to check the e-mail address, since there you will receive the application number and all the notifications concerning the procedure.
Is it possible to apply for a spouse or permanent partner visa from abroad?
The visa application process can be done online through the Foreign Ministry’s web page. Also, you can go to a Colombian consulate.
Does this visa allow me to work in Colombia?
With this visa you cans work and carry out all types of legal activities within the Colombian territory.
To keep in mind
When you have the type M visa for being the spouse or permanent partner of a Colombian citizen and you wish to wish to be indefinitely in Colombia Colombia, you canyou may apply for a Resident visa or type R visa. after 2 years of permanence in the country.
If you are interested in applying for the R type visa, we invite you to review the article titled “Resident Visa for Marriage in Colombia”.
Resident visa for marriage in Colombia
“published on our website.
At Servicio Legal, we have lawyers with expertise in Immigration LawWe offer you the legal advice you need for the processing of a resident visa for marriage in Colombia.